Monday, March 18, 2013

Theory of plate tectonics V.S to my perspective

-->

   Tectonic plates are large pieces of rocks that make up the foundation of the Earth's crust and the shape of the continents. A long time ago these pieces were together.

Continental Drift is a theory, which is based on the shapes of the continents. Which shows that 220 million years ago all the continents were once together called Pangea. But when time pass it got separated and forms new continents which we see today.

The shapes of many continents are such that they look like they are separated pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Which can fit together.



Many fossil comparisons along the edges of continents that look like they fit together which tells that they would only make sense if the two continents were joined at some point in the past.





There is a large amount of seismic, volcanic, and other natural disaster form along the plate boundaries. 
 For example, there are mountain ranges being formed where plates are pushing against each other for example Himalayas.





Movements of plate boundaries such as convergent boundary, which forms mountains, divergent boundary forms, rift valley, transforms boundary caused earthquake etc. These movements caused the movements of the Earth. And no one knows how the earth will look like in other 100 years.





So, in my opinion, I think this theory is right, because it has many evidences. Which supports the statements that a long time ago only one continent existed which was Pangea. 




Reflection

What did you enjoy most about this project and why?
I enjoyed working individually and also because we have lot choices of different topics. We can choose whatever we want that’s what I like.

What was most challenging for you during this project and why?
I think nothing was challenging for me.

What new skills did you learn from doing this project?
I learn that how we can manage our time when we have to do a lot of stuff at the same time.

Is there anything that you could have done to improve any of your work? Explain.
No, I think everything was perfect. 

What would you change about this project?
If I can do this project again I will choose different topics. So, I can also learn about them too. And everything else was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment